Parantha – A brief about it.
Paratha (pronounced [pəˈɾɑːtʰɑː]) is a flatbread native to the Indian subcontinent, prevalent throughout the modern-day nations of India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Maldives, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Mauritius, Fiji, Guyana, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago where wheat is the traditional staple. Paratha is an amalgamation of the words parat and atta, which literally means layers of cooked dough. Alternative spellings and names include parantha, parauntha, prontha, parontay, paronthi (Punjabi), porota (in Bengali), paratha (in Odia, Hindi, Malayalam), palata (pronounced [pəlàtà]; in Burma), porotha (in Assamese), forota (in Sylheti), farata (in Mauritius and the Maldives), roti canai, prata (in Southeast Asia), paratha, buss-up shut, oil roti (in the Caribbean).by wikipedia
Parantha Festival at Siya The Restaurant, Jaipur.
The Festival will have a special menu serving only paranthas, stuff paranthas only. Different kinds of Paranthas be like Classic Paranthas – Aloo Parantha/ Gobhi Parantha/ Stuffed Parantha etc. Another kind is Chef Specials like Mirchi Ajwain Parantha, Bharwa Baigan Parantha, Soya Parantha, Achari Parantha etc, Fusion Parantha like Aloo Cheese Parantha, Manchurian Parantha, Palak Chur Mur parantha, Junglee Parantha etc.
All paranthas are cooked in Desi Ghee Only. Butter, if used, will be for topping only. Paranthas will be accompanied by a bowl of raita veg/ Bundi/ Pineapple/ curd.
Timings for Parantha Menu
12:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs LUNCH TIME
16:00 hrs to 22:30 hrs DINNER TIME
Events, Challenges and talks in the Festivals
The Parantha Festival will also include Foodie events on weekends. Certain Events are highlighted below Parantha eating event
- Single eat challenge 20″ Jumbo Parantha – One has to eat 20″ inch stuff parantha by himself in one go. Time limit 15 minutes. If you win its all free for you. Open through out the festival
- Max Eating competition – 10 registered members (qualification is required) will be called for this event, the person who ate max will win the competition. the winner will be awarded a special Gift Hamper woth Rs 2500. On weekends only
- Mirch Parantha challenge – You have to eat our 2 mirch parantha. First Spicy and Second Super Spicy. Winner who eats both will win a gift coupon worth Rs 500 . This challenge is open only on weekends.
- Foodie Talk and Experience – Every weekend a foodie celebrity will be asked to speak to their followers and share their experience on being a foodie, their experience and interact with guest. To qualify as a #foodie you must register with us. Only 10 foodies will be enrolled
- Ingedients identify events – Competition to identify ingredients of our chef surprise paranthas out of the menu. Only On weekends
- Chef meet – A meet for chefs to come forward share their recipes and share their seccret tips to enrich the parantha experience. Afterall, food is the only thing that matters us most as a chef. event scheduled on 20 March 2022
- Intensify feast – The last week of the festival where we will bring a fresh new menu withh added suggestion by guest and chefs to intensify your taste buds. 24 – 30 March 2022